Nutrition Facts, health benefits and production technology of Carrot.
Carrots are a really popular vegetable. Carrot of various colors like red, white and yellow may be seen in several countries of the globe. Orange carrots born in our country. it’s a winter vegetable. Carrots are as beautiful and attractive to appear at as they’re delicious to eat. it’s also rich in nutrition. The massive reason it’s so beautiful and crowd pleasing is that the beta-carotene it contains.
As beautiful because the carrot itself is, it also helps to embellish the colour of individuals. The utilization of carrots as a vegetable is widespread. pudding is extremely popular among many folks. Carrots are quite popular as a salad. It is eaten raw with a touch of salt. The market value of this nutritious vegetable is incredibly cheap during the season. If its high nutritional value was known, its market price would have gone up persistently over.
Nutritional fact :
Carrots are highly nutritious compared to other vegetables. For instance, carrots have 28 times more phosphorus and about 630 times carotene than mulberries.Here is that the nutritional value per 100 grams of carrots-
- Food energy – 46 calories
- Sugar – 10.60 grams
- Minerals – 1.10 grams
- Calcium – 60.00 m. grams
- Phosphorus – 530.00 m grams
- Iron – 2.20 m. grams
- Carotene – 1890.00 micro
- Vitamin B1 – 0.04 m. grams
- Vitamin C – 3.00 g
Health benefits :
- In winter the skin becomes dry quickly. Eating carrots will eliminate the dearth of potassium within the skin and therefore the skin will retain moisture.
- The vitamins and minerals in carrots are effective in preventing hair loss. Carrots reduce hair fall, make hair strong and powerful
- The beta carotene in carrots is converted to fat-soluble vitamin. Vitamin ‘A’ sharpens eyesight.
- This vegetable also acts as an antioxidant. So it increases the body’s resistance.
- Some other ingredients of this vegetable including alpha carotene play a special role in protecting the center and heart. The beneficial ingredients in carrots contribute to the prevention of lung infections. Additionally, inflammation of the airways is sweet. Carrots protect teeth. because it acts as a tooth cleaner, it also prevents the buildup of calculus at the bottom of the teeth. Carrots are an awfully good vegetable for pregnant mothers and babies. juice reduces the danger of jaundice in children.
- Those who are plagued by stomach problems for a protracted time, now you’ll be able to find an answer in carrots, it’s also an honest medicine to alleviate constipation.
- It works like an antibiotic.
- The vegetable dries quickly any wound on the body. It also fights against any infection. It’s also referred to as deworming. Regular consumption of carrots will reduce the fear of stomach worms.
- Carrots contain carotenoid pigments. This ingredient enhances the radiance of the skin.
Production technology of Carrot :
Sandy loam and loam soils with drainage systems are suitable for carrot cultivation.
Seed sowing time:
The most effective time for sowing is from Ashwin to Kartik (mid-September-mid-November).
Seed rate and seed sowing:
It takes 3-4 kg seed per hectare. Row-row distance: 20-25 cm. Plant – plant distance: 10 cm.
Usually different kinds of carrot seeds are imported from abroad and cultivated. Like Royal Cross, Coral Cross, Kinko Santine Royal and Scarlet Nantes. There are varieties like Pusha Keshar, Kuroda-35, New Quarza, Santini, Yellow Rocket cross etc. which are popular among the farmers. Among these varieties, Pusha Keshar is capable of manufacturing seeds within the climate of our country.
Preparing Land for carrot production:
1) Carrots should be cultivated and ready with ladders for cultivation.
2) The soil of the land should be prepared by grinding.
3) It’s better to sow carrot seeds in rows. This makes carrots easier to require care of.
4) Since carrot seeds are very small, it’s better to sow them mixed with ash or powdered soil. Therefore, good dried ash or powdered soil is mixed with good seeds so broadcast in land.
Fertilizer application of carrot :
In carrot cultivation, fertilizer should be applied at the subsequent rate per hectare.
Amount of fertilizer (per hectare)
- Dung / organic manure 10 tons
- Urea 150 kg
- TSP 125 kg
- SOP / MP 200 kg
Fertilizer application method:
1) Complete dung and TSP and half urea and MP fertilizer should be applied during land preparation.
2) The remaining half urea should be applied in two bags adequate to 10-12 days after germination and 35-40 days after application.
3) The remaining half MP fertilizer should be applied 35-40 days after seedling emergence.
After care :
- It is going to take 10-20 days for seedlings to germinate from seed. However, if the seeds are soaked before sowing (18-24 hours), the seedlings emerge in 8-10 days.
- After 8-10 days of seedling growth, leave 8-10 cm trees during a row and take away the remainder. At the same time weeds should be cleaned and soil should be broken.
- Irrigation and drainage arrangements should be made PRN. Seeing the soil joe, it’s good to supply 3-4 irrigated crops every time period.
Controlling Insects and pests:
Aphid insects of Carrot
For control of insects, Rogor L-40, Classic 20 EC, Tidfate 65 SP, Tido 20 SL etc. are often employed in anyone approved dose of pesticides. Or, Bicao-1 should be applied.
Root rot diseases:
Excessive application of fertilizers on nitrogen increases the disease. Excess urea fertilizer application should be stopped. Companion should be sprayed in 2 g / liter of water or Indofil M-45 in 2 g / liter of water.
Yellow virus disease in carrots:
Yellow virus disease is often seen in carrots through leafhopper insects. As a result of the attack of this insect, the small or young leaves of carrot turn yellow and then wrinkle and noticeably the tips of the leaves of the tree turn yellow and fade. Necessary measures should be taken to control the leafhopper insects. Sabikron 425 EC should be sprayed in 2 ml / liter of water or Relothrin 1 ml / liter of water.
Carrots are suitable for eating as a vegetable 60-70 days after seedling emergence. Yield of carrot per hectare is 20-25 tons.