nutritional value and Health Benefits Of Eating Bitter Gourd, Bottle gourd and sweet pumpkin Regularly
Bitter Melon / Bitter Gourd (karalla, Korla, Karla) is a well-known fruit and vegetable. Its juice is very useful in preventing allergies. It is also good for diabetics. It is possible to control blood sugar by drinking Bitter melon juice regularly every day. In addition to the sufficient amount of beta carotene in Bitter melon, it has many properties.
nutritional value in Bitter Gourd:
Per 100 grams of edible karla contains the following nutrients-
- Water content 92.2 g,
- 2.5 grams of Protein,
- 4.3 grams of sugar,
- Calcium 14Mg,
- Iron 1.8 mg,
- Carotene (vitamin A) 1450 micrograms,
- vitamins B1- 0.04 mg.
- Vitamin B2 – 0.02 mg,
- Other minerals 0.9 grams, and 27 calories of food energy.
benefits of eating Bitter Gourd regularly
1. Respiratory disease eliminated:
There are many times in bitter gourd juice. Its antioxidants eliminate pollution from the body. Speed up digestion. Honey and coriander juice with water is very helpful in asthma, bronchitis, and sore throat.
2. Helps in digestion:
The great quality of bitter gourd is that it is beneficial for digestion. It has a role in relieving constipation. You can eat bitter gourd regularly to get rid of digestive complications.
3. Diabetes Control:
bitter gourd is rich in antioxidants and blood sugar lowering ingredients. Patients with diabetes can eat regular bitter gourd to control blood sugar levels.
4. Increases immunity:
bitter gourd enhances the body’s resistance to disease and helps the body to fight against any type of infection.
5. Controlling Sugar:
Corolla enhances the levels of adenosine monophosphate-activated protein enzyme kinase, which increases the body’s ability to absorb sugar from the blood. It increases the metabolism of glucose in the body cells and thus lowers the blood sugar level.
6. Cancer resistant:
bitter gourd has enough iron, vitamins A, C, and fiber. Antioxidants-Vitamins A and C delay aging. In addition, bitter gourd contains immunity-building lutein and cancer-fighting lycopene.
7. Taste of food:
When there is anorexia, the tendency to suffer from malnutrition increases. In this case, drinking a teaspoon of fruit juice in the morning and afternoon will increase the appetite.
8. Diet of malaria patients:
In malaria, drinking the juice of bitter gourd leaves is very beneficial. The malaria patient is cured by crushing three Bitter Gourd leaves and three and a half whole peppers together in a day and eating them for 7 days. The fever is cured by drinking the juice of bitter gourd leaves. bitter gourd also works to remove worms from the body.
Nutritional value of Bottle gourd-
Although Bottle gourd is a winter vegetable, it now bears fruit all year round. This vegetable is rich in nutrients. Bottle gourd with shrimp is quite delicious. This vegetable can also be eaten with pulses. Again, many people eat with Taki fish. Bottle gourd can also be eaten with dried fruit. No matter which way you eat, Bottle gourd is quite beneficial for the body.
The nutritional values per 100 g of Bottlegourd-Sorakaya are:
• Protein – 0.4 g
• Carbohydrate – 2 g
• Water – 55.4 g
• Ash – 0.2 g
• Fatty Acids – 5.2 mg
• Total Calories – 8.1
• Calories From Carbohydrate – 7.1
• Calories From Fat – 0.1
• Calories From Protein – 0.9
• Vitamin A – 9.3 IU
• Vitamin C – 5.9 mg
• Niacin – 0.2 mg
• Folate – 3.5 mcg
• Pantothenic Acid – 0.1 mg
• Calcium – 15.1 mg
• Iron – 0.1 mg
• Magnesium – 6.4 mg
• Phosphorus – 7.5 mg
• Potassium – 87 mg
• Sodium – 1.2 mg
• Zinc – 0.4 mg
benefits of eating Bottle gourd or Lau or Calabash regularly
1. 98 percent of Lau/Bottle gourd is water. As a result, the regular play of Bottle gourd fills the water deficiency in the body.
2. Bottle gourd helps reduce blood cholesterol.
3. Bottle gourd contains adequate amounts of vitamin C and antioxidants, which are beneficial for the heart.
4. You can also eat for jaundice and kidney problems.
5. Bottle gourd has very few calories and plenty of dietary fiber which helps to lose weight and protect from cancer.
6. Bottle gourd is a useful vegetable for diabetics.
7. Bottle gourd contains soluble, insoluble fiber and water. Soluble fiber helps digest food easily.
8. Bottle gourd reduces constipation, flatulence, and acidity.
9. Bottle gourd leaf curry keeps the brain cool, solves sleep problems, and also regulates body temperature.
10. Bottle gourd is very useful in urinary tract infections and disease like UTI is reduced a lot.
The extraordinary benefits of Bottle gourd or Lau or Calabash
Bottle gourd is a vegetable that is a favorite food of many. But teenagers do not like this vegetable. There is no way to ignore Lau’s benefits. Because it contains a lot of water as well as fiber, vitamins, and important minerals. Today I will learn about some of the extraordinary benefits of ordinary Bottle gourd or Lau or Calabash.
1. Low in calories
Bottle gourd or Lau or Calabash is the ideal food as a low-calorie food. Lau contains 98% water. Laue contains high levels of dietary fiber. 100 grams of lentils contain 15 calories and 0.1 grams of fat. It contains Vitamin C and a little B Vitamin, Iron, Sodium, and Potassium.
2. Helps in digestion
Lau contains a good amount of soluble and insoluble fiber and water. So Bottle gourd or Lau or Calabash helps in digesting and digestive-related problems like constipation, flatulence, and acidity. Eating pumpkins is beneficial for those who have problems with piles.
Lau has a good amount of water so it has the ability to cool and calm the body. So it is beneficial to eat Bottle gourd or Lau or Calabash in hot weather, especially those who work in the hot sun to help prevent heatstroke. Pumpkins can be cooked and eaten in different ways.
4. Solving urinary problems
Lau acts as a diuretic. Bottle gourd or Lau or Calabash helps to flush out excess water from the body. Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon juice with 1 glass of laurel juice and drink it. This alkaline mixture helps to dilute the acidic mixture and reduces the inflammation of the urethra.
5. Helps to lose weight
Bottle gourd or Lau or Calabash helps in weight loss as it is low in fat and calories. Pumpkin also helps in lowering blood cholesterol.
6. Prevents premature hair ripening
In Ayurveda, it is said that regular consumption of fresh Bottle gourd or Lau or Calabash juice in the morning helps in preventing and treating premature hair loss.
7. Beneficial for skin
Gourd helps to clean the inside of the skin. It helps to balance the oil secretion of the facial skin and also helps to eliminate the problem of acne. Gourd helps to protect against various skin infections.
8. Helps to sleep better
Mixing sesame oil with laurel juice helps to solve the problem of insomnia. Cooking and eating Bottle gourd or Lau or Calabash leaves keeps the brain cool and helps solve sleep problems.
Drink 1 glass of laurel juice if water is excreted from the body through sweat due to diarrhea, high fever, and any other health problems. It helps the body replace lost water and also helps reduce the excessive thirst of diabetics.
Lau also plays a beneficial role in resolving jaundice and kidney problems.
Studies by current medical scientists have shown that Bottle gourd or Lau or Calabash is a very beneficial food for the human body. About the nutritional value of pumpkin, current doctors say, pumpkin contains a lot of water. It helps to keep the amount of water in the body just right and helps to eliminate dehydration caused by diarrhea. The gourd is helpful in preventing constipation, hemorrhoids or piles, and flatulence.
1. Lau eliminates insomnia. Lau plays an important role in full sleep.
2. Lau contains calcium and phosphorus. 100 mg Lau 20 mg. Calcium and 10 mg. Phosphorus. Through this, Bottle gourd or Lau, or Calabash eliminates the deficiency of sweaty salt in the body. As well as strengthens teeth and bones.
3. It is quite beneficial for diabetics as it is low in calories and also plays a role in weight loss.
4. It is cut into pieces and boiled with a small amount of coriander, cumin, turmeric, and salt to cure heart disease.
5. Gourd keeps the skin hydrated.
6. In addition, playing it regularly increases the strength of the body. As a result, motivation and energy also increase.
7. In addition to preventing various diseases, Bottle gourd or Lau or Calabash increases the strength of the body. Besides, playing gourd during hot weather keeps the body cool.
nutritional value in sweet pumpkin
The following nutrition information is provided by the USDA for 1 cup (245g) of fresh, (not canned) cooked pumpkin with no fat added.1
- Calories: 49
- Fat: 0.17g
- Sodium: 390mg
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 1.8g
Benefits of sweet pumpkin:
1. Low blood keeps normal.
2. Eliminates anemia.
3. Relieves constipation.
4. Promotes good health.
5. Increases sexual energy.
6. Increases the amount of sperm.
7. . Reduces mental weakness.
8. Reduces back pain.
9. Arthritis reduces pain.
10. Reducing inflammation and reducing high blood pressure
11. Pumpkin relieves chronic pain, including rheumatic pain. For those who have been suffering from pain for a long time, if they eat 1 to 2 cups of sweet pumpkin cooked every day, then the pain will be reduced a lot. Moreover, those who suffer from high blood pressure can eat sweet pumpkins. The potassium and high vitamin C content of sweet pumpkin help in controlling high blood pressure.
12. For the unborn child, Pumpkin reduces the chances of premature delivery by preventing anemia in pregnant mothers. So pumpkin and pumpkin seeds can be eaten by pregnant mothers without any hesitation for the health of their unborn child.
Disadvantages of sweet pumpkin:
1. Heart disease.
2. High blood pressure.
5. Hyper cholesterol.
6. And patients with hyper-acidity cannot eat sweet pumpkins.